Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lift Your Eyes to Heaven

Morning glories are such lovely flowers. They rise eagerly in the early morning and open themselves to receive the light. This is my favorite flower. Morning glories seem to reflect how we ought to be as humans. They rest when they ought to rest, and they rise cheerfully in the early morning to greet the sun. I wish that my life might be like a morning glory, simple, beautiful, and all for God's glory. It is my hope that I might spend each day with my face joyfully turned toward the Son while I offer all of my being for His will. Then I will be all the more beautiful, but my beauty will not be my own, but merely a reflection of His light on my lowly face. By His grace I will succeed along with all of my brothers and sisters in Christ who also yearn to see His face.

No comments: