Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Whirlwind


Life can be so overwhelming sometimes. It literally seems to be tossing me back and forth between appointments. How quickly I become busy. Suddenly, I am too busy to schedule a phone call with a dear friend, who is heading off to college, I am too busy to go to sleep before midnight, too tired to wake up early or focus through the day, and so emotional that people begin to worry. What a mess!

It's times like these when I know that I need to slow down and refocus, but I'm not exactly sure how. When is the time that it is ok for me to say "no" to all of the wonderful and pressing engagements? I want to run to a safe place, a safe person, and hide from all of the chaos. I can't seem to balance everything. I'm juggling too many balls and I'm bound to drop them all soon. How many people feel brushed aside? I feel as if I let them all down. No matter what I do, I can't make them all happy. How do I chose? What would Christ do? How am I to know? I am not a wise person and sadly not a very good listener. Sometimes I am almost sure that Christ is plainly telling me the answer, but I am too out of focus to listen.

I need to slow down. I need to stop. I need to rest. I need to pray. I cannot survive in this whirlwind, it is too much for me to handle. Life is too beautiful, too precious to waste. One step at a time is all that I can do. One step at a time is enough.

No comments: