Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back to Work

Well, folks, here goes.  I'm about to head out for my first day back at my summer job.  I can't say that I'm truly thrilled, but I'm not about to cry either.  The thing is, I woke up this morning with a pretty bad headache, which was not remotely helped by the ibuprofen that I took for it, and when my family and I were saying the Tuesday rosary with our next door neighbors, I had a headache related epiphany.

Today we meditated on the sorrowful mysteries, as we do every Tuesday.  As we were praying I realized that my headaches can be my own personal crown of thorns.  It is not a new idea by any means, but still one that really helped me not mind the headache.

After the rosary, I went up to my room to get ready for work and it occurred to me that I ought not to limit myself to offering up physical headaches.  I can offer up the metaphorical ones as well!  So here I go!  I'm off to work and hopefully, through my little crowns of thorns, to win a martyr's crown as well. 

2 comments:

Susie said...

I need to be more like that...focusing on offering it up for Christ instead of complaining. Thanks for brightening my day with that. Hope you're having a good summer, and good luck with the new job!

Kelly said...

Oh, girl. I can learn from you! Way to turn around something not so exciting into something really brilliant!

Love you!