Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Case of the Missing Time

Here's the thing, folks, finals week is here and I'm already behind on my work.  Why, you might ask, am I writing this blog post?  Procrastination seems, at the moment, to be the most plausible answer. 

As I look at my exam schedule for the week, I become a bit anxious about how I am possibly going to get everything done!  There is so much work to be done.  I don't understand why this finals week is so bad for me.  I've survived semesters wherein I had six finals, so this semester, with its measly four finals, should be a piece of cake, right?  Well, I thought so, but apparently that is not the case.

So, why are my finals so challenging?  History.  No, I don't have a bad history with finals.  I'm taking three history classes.  I don't know about you, but I am notoriously bad at remember dates.  I mean, I'm lucky if I manage to get the right century.   I'm just atrocious at that particular form of memorization.  The only reason I can keep American and British periods separate is because - I kid you not - of the changes in fashion.

So what's a girl to do?  If I have three days per test(as I've had for most of the semesters), then I might have a prayer of getting all of these dates straight.  But I don't have three days.  For some tests, I only have half a day.

As if that weren't enough, I have to keep Chinese and Indian names straight.  I have to remember what Sun Yat-sen, Liang Shikai, Li Hongzhang, Li Hongji, Hong Xiuquan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Muhammad Iqbal, Chandragupta Maurya, Ashoka, Chanakya, Artashastra, and are and what there significance is.... *sigh*  For some of you, this may not seem such a daunting task, but again, I would need more time to memorize all of this info.

Okay, well, I'm officially done complaining about my finals week.  This is my second to last semester as an undergrad student, maybe my second last semester ever!  So, I shall take heart and plunge into my work before any more time is lost! 

P.S. If you have any tips for studying names and dates quickly, shoot them my way. Thanks!  =)

2 comments:

Gina said...

Praying for you, dear!

ALP said...

Good luck, Therese!