Monday, August 4, 2008

Weep No More, Sad Fountains...

Some days are just overwhelming. Life seems to come at you from every angle, determined to break you down. Little troubles can sometimes chip away at your confidence like sand does to the great pyramids. How quickly little troubles can seem large, even without you being aware of it.

For me, today was such a day. All in all, not a bad day, but certainly a rough one. I had high points that were really lovely, but overall I was left with a feeling of weariness. How silly it is that I let such small things trouble my soul and yet I do. Still, I am hopeful.

Tomorrow is a new day and one full of promise. I will be able to receive Jesus in my soul through Holy Communion and with God's grace I will be able to face my little crosses with joy and humility. As always, I ask for prayers.

2 comments:

xphelper said...

Nice whispers indeed...

Anonymous said...

Your words are beautiful